|Other names||Cheetah, Teacher, Black Cat|
|Date of birth||Unknown|
|Date of death||Unknown|
|Professional pilot data|
|Aircraft||Player's Choice, Skyly J-5|
|Chronological and political information|
|Affiliation||Rostock and Cheetah/Cougar squad(game), Lautern(Film)|
The main character of the game. His face is never shown nor does he ever talk. It appears Lynx is his codename, as the squad chooses to use them during missions. Lynx's name is changed to Cheetah by his squad mates after he takes over as Captain. Cheetah is considered a superior and quite feared ace by the enemy, nicknamed the Black Cat because of the black cat painted on the back of the planes he flies. At the end of the game, Cheetah is called Teacher, suggesting that he is the character of the same name from the film.
Lynx's personality is rather mysterious, but it can be assumed that he is a strong-willed, cool-headed pilot. As he gets promoted to squadron captain early in his career, he would most likely be a more caring, considerate leader who makes sure everyone in his squadron is alright and flying as a team. Given his presumably confident, boisterous attitude, it is likely that he comes from a simple background and has an interest in flying from an early age.
Yamasaki and Lynx also seem to become close to each other, given that the captain gives his younger protege special assignments during his early missions.
During his later missions, however, he is reputed to have become more somber and melancholy, not surprising since he has lost many of his fellow pilots in a very short time.
- Although Lynx's exact age is never given, it is possible that he is around his late teens or early twenties, given his friendship with Kaida and one of the other pilots who says "Guess the new generation's taking over."
- At the start of the game, the other members of the squadron call him "Lynx"; after he is named captain, the older pilots call him "Lynx" and "Cheetah" while the Kildren pilots call him "Captain". However, eventually, Orishina starts calling him "Cheetah" as well.
- Various rumors can be found on the Internet that Cheetah is in fact the dreaded ace known as the Teacher from the movie. Given that the video game takes place a period of time before the movie, it's possible. If true, his defection is most likely the result of the losses of so many of his comrades in such a short time, and how the Rostock government thought little of them.
- During the final battle, various unnamed pilots on both sides refer to him by name, either as "Cheetah" or "Black Cat", indicating that by this time his reputation as Rostock's best ace is wide spread.
- He is basically a parody of the unnamed protagonists in Ace Combat, including Mobius One, Cipher, Blaze, Talisman and Gryphus One.